Do you want to work with the largest winery in the Thompson Valley? Monte Creek Ranch Winery is hiring!
Tasting Room Manager – Full Time Position
Successful candidate must possess/demonstrate the following skills:
- Willingness to work frequent evening and weekend shifts
- Ability to manage multiple people in a busy environment
- Share examples of effective training and development of people
- Share examples of exceptional customer service standards
- Experience working in food and beverage
- Experience planning and executing events
- Demonstrate a positive upbeat attitude on a daily basis
- Be able to handle multiple projects at a time
- Believe strongly in continual improvement
- Be able to work well with other leaders to build a winning culture
- In charge of recruiting and hiring all full time and seasonal Tasting room and Terrace Restaurant staff
- In charge of continuous training and development of new and existing staff to ensure best in class customer service and excellent employee satisfaction
- Source and order all Tasting room merchandise that reflects our brand, has mass appeal and maintains high quality standards
- Work with marketing co-ordinator to ensure marketing materials are on brand, effective and continuously up to date. This includes everything from rack cards, tasting menus, price cards, accolades, promotional and sign up materials
- In charge of maintaining display and promotional calendar for Tasting room
- Responsible for month end inventory and analysis to ensure margins are achieved
- You will be responsible for generating fun and profitable events at the winery
- Assist in efforts to market and drive traffic to the winery
- Maintain data collection and record keeping as it pertains to number of visitors and other key metrics
- Wine Club members are extremely important to us and require frequent interaction to ensure they remain strong advocates for Monte Creek Ranch.
- Leading wine club sales initiatives through employee training and consumer engagement.
- Day to day interaction with wine club members to maintain accurate member profiles and assist with member inquiries.
- Your role is to facilitate three regular shipments to each member (April, August & December) per year. These shipments are original selections, include a small branded gift (value ads) and an enclosure letter.
- You will work closely with the Marketing Co-ordinator on monthly communications and offers to Wine Club Members as well as collaboratively plan multiple wine club events per year.
- Tracking, forecasting and analyzing customer satisfaction and retention.
Events & Food Service
- Recruit and execute all winery events. This includes handling inquiries and doing out reach for Weddings, corporate events, private parties and other infrequent musical or theatre events
- Oversee all food and beverage service standards, food quality and the presentation of menus and brochures to ensure guest satisfaction
- Work closely with our catering company to ensure all product is of the highest quality and that we have excellent communication flow to guests
- Maintain excellent relationships with existing tour companies and operators.
- Outreach to other identified tour companies to try and generate new business.
- Ensure Monte Creek Ranch has ample tour programs for both walk in and coach guests that excel in storytelling and experience.
This is a big role. However, you will be surrounded with other like-minded professionals that will support you in your quest to succeed. Teamwork and building a winning culture is at the top of our organizations focus. If you think you have what it takes to be our Tasting Room Manager, please forward your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]